Lot Numbers: Please make sure that your home and shed has your lot number in place. State Law says they must be at least 3 inches tall, a contrasting color of the home, visible from the roadway. Also, the number on your shed can be useful in case a severe storm damages or displaces your shed. Lot numbers are important so that they can be seen by Police, Fire and Ambulance. Thank you for your cooperation. The Park's Critical Area includes all land within 1,000 feet of Maryland’s tidal waters and tidal wetlands. It also includes the waters of the Chesapeake Bay, the Atlantic Coastal Bays, their tidal tributaries, and the lands underneath these tidal areas. More information concerning Maryland's Natural Resources can be found at the Maryland DNR website, HERE, and a Critical Areas map is available below.
1. Use the Permit Information link (above), to learn about the Worcester County planning and permits information regarding the need of a permit. The rules and requirements change year-by-year, so be proactive by calling the County's Permit Dept. - 410-632-1220
2. Include a plot plan for your lot including existing structures and your proposed improvements. Please include accurate measurements of all structures and setback measurements to the property line.
3. A detailed plan and drawing to include overall dimensions, elevation heights, dimensional lumber sizes and type, footer or slab plans, placement of windows and doors, colors (existing and proposed).
4. If using manufactured components, i.e. Silver top Sunroom, manufacturer roof-over system, etc., please include plans provided by the manufacturer showing overall construction and “finished look” of improvement
5. An ECC Waiver is required for concrete, backtop, and for decking that will cover electrical lines and plumbing areas.
An approved and signed ECC Application showing your proposed improvement by WHP on any ECC form, does not mean that an improvement meets the requirements of Worcester County Code. It only means that your improvement meets the ECC GUIDELINES for WHP. Understand that you are solely responsible for contacting the County to obtain any zoning approval and/or building permit that may be required for my improvement. Also understand that if your project requires a permit from Worcester County, a copy of the required permit must be submitted with the ECC Application BEFORE it can be filed. Applicant certifies that improvement will not violate any setbacks, laws, ordinances or statutes, nor encroach upon any easements or right-of-way whatsoever. All information provided on an ECC Application form is deemed to be accurate. Upon ECC approval you will be notified asap, as to the status of your application. Both the APPROVED ECC APPLICATION & Approved Permit (if needed) must be displayed on a front window while the improvements are being completed. Construction must start within one year of application approval date. Once construction begins, it must be completed within 30 days of the start date. Upon written request, an extension may be granted on a case by case basis. See electrical acknowledgement.
· DRAWING WITH MEASUREMENTS MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION FOR ALL CONSTRUCTION.
· WHEN REQUESTING TO PAINT YOUR UNIT OR SHED, A COLOR MUST BE STATED ON FORM.
· WHEN ROOFING, STATE COLOR OF SHINGLES TO BE USED.
· A WAIVER MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATIONS FOR CONCRETE DRIVEWAYS, WALKWAYS AND FOR ALL GROUND LEVEL DECKS.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF LIMITATION OF ELECTRICAL SERVICE (included in the ECC Application): This is to acknowledge that I/we understand there is a limitation on the electrical service available on service available on my/our lot# ________. The current maximum electrical service on my/our lot at this time is 60-amp service. Lot owners are responsible for any damage caused to the pedestal due to overloading of the circuits.
APPEAL PROCESS: An applicant shall have the right to appeal any decision to the Board of Directors within 30 days of the date of the denial of the improvement. The decision of the Board of Directors is final.